List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Proposal: Removal of Ctrl-C shortcut
From:       joaoBR <joao () matik ! com ! br>
Date:       2005-05-23 20:00:54

On Monday 23 May 2005 16:23, Harijs Buss wrote:
> Yep. Besides, it would be necessary to introduce some safety dialog
> to "Enter" key as well because it is probably the most multivalued
> key.  Pressing "Enter" can mean so different things to happen
> depending of non-Markov chain of previous events, that it is
> awfully dangerous, just glaring usability issue to have it working
> immediately after pressing, without any further warning. It can
> lead to so much frustration when some action happens right after
> pressing "Enter" key, with no way to think twice about that.

exactly and now you know why windows has sooo much success because
there are confirming dialogs even with advices like you just pressed
enter are you sure that it is what you really wanted and to do better
we could ask to confirm enter by pressing F1 for YES and F10 for NO
so both are so far away from each other that it must be hard to hit
them by accident

--

J.M.