List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Proposal: Removal of Ctrl-C shortcut
From:       Leo Savernik <l.savernik () aon ! at>
Date:       2005-05-23 19:02:52

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

today I've hit Ctrl-C (Copy to clipboard) by accident again, and this
time it was once too many. I hereby propose to remove this shortcut by
default.

Rationale:
Ctrl-C is very easily pressed by accident, when one intends to press
Ctrl-V (Paste clipboard content), or perhaps Ctrl-X. With many applications
there is no safety dialog at all, overwriting the existing clipboard content
immediately. IMHO this is a glaring usability issue, leading to much
frustration, if you e.g. overwrite clipboard content with important data in
it.

SCNR ;-)

mfg
	Leo