On 19/05/05, Diego Moya (a.k.a. TuringTest) wrote: > On 19/05/05, Lubos Lunak wrote: > > not to help developing RSI. Just try navigating e.g. in the K-Menu for a > > while with the mouse button pressed, and you'll see what I mean (well, at > > least now my hand hurts a bit). Also, it's also simply not technically > > possible - if the mouse button has to be pressed, how will one click in order > > to open the submenus? Otherwise the advantage is lost. > > Agreed that my "quasimode" proposal would be best for small context > menus, and maybe not so good for the bigger application main menus or > the K-Menu. > So my conclusion is this: a 'not bad' solution for your would be this: - if you click-release on a menu, it will behave as usual. - if you click-drag over the menu, the special hidden-cursor-restricted-area mode will begin. - if the mouse button is released, the highlighted action is selected (or the menu is cancelled if the empty area is selected). For submenus, you could either - open them as soon as they're selected, move to them if the second button is clicked (without releasing the first one). This is called "chording" ( http://www.usabilityfirst.com/glossary/main.cgi?function=display_term&term_id=156 ) - if the mouse button is released when the submenu is highlighted, open the submenu, unhide the cursor and return to the usual non-restricted mode. _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability