List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Managing multiple desktops
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () suse ! cz>
Date:       2005-05-17 8:11:34

On Monday 16 of May 2005 00:00, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
> Dnia niedziela 15 maj 2005 20:03, Aaron J. Seigo napisał:
> > On Sunday 15 May 2005 04:51, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
> > > Check FVWM. Apart from not-user-friendlyness it has the best window
> > > managment possibilities.
> >
> > i haven't used FVWM in several years, but i wasn't talking about window
> > placement, but organization between virtual desktops. does FVWM do
> > window<->virtual desktop management?
>
> Yes. I was using it only to current 'window special settings' possibilities
> and switched back to KDE when they were available but there is (was) much
> more.

 Are you talking about the possibility to manually configure different
settings for each window, which is as you say to a lesser extent possible now
even with KWin, or is there something more I'm not aware of? Having the user
to manually specify virtual desktop for every single window is probably not
what Aaron has in his mind. Speaking of which, Aaron, do you have already
something more in mind than just the very general idea?

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer