List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Kicker find as you type
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-05-06 14:09:36

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 06 May 2005 12:48, Fred Schaettgen wrote:
> > In short; I don't want to address the kmenu scalability inside the
> > kmenu. I feel it has to be done outside it.   Not because I really
> > really want to; but because I have not found a good way of doing it.
> > (please don't hesitate to surprise me!)
>
> You can't find a good way of doing it if you demand that the KMenu must
> behave like all other menus, sure.

I didn't write that; you just chose to read it like that.
Fact is that as soon as you add widgets that require interaction into a
popup-like-menu you are going to have a lot of usability problems like I
explained in various previous posts.
And all the counter arguments I get are that you don't expect it to really
matter...

I'm not sure why usability people are asked for opinions anymore, as the
developers just seem to know better anyway.

So, I'll leave this thread with one last thought;
I'm just providing requested feedback; you make the decisions to ignore it
if you want; I'm not even going to say "I told you so" any time in the
future. So you have to ask yourself how many advises you want to reject
since you really want to fix this problem where it is right now.

Cheers!
--
Thomas Zander