List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Kynaptics/Kicker/KCalc/KolourPaint user interface + Kubuntu
From:       "Fred P." <fprog26 () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2005-04-23 18:41:16

Hi Brad,

> > Hi everyone,
><snip list of issues>
>Please file individual issues on http://bugs.kde.org or
>http://bugzilla.ubuntu.org.

I'm not sure if it's for ubuntu or kubuntu, it seems both !?

http://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kubuntu-bugs/2005-April/date.html

>I understand that you might see this as a fob-off, however a mail on a list
>(especially a mail that is really long, contains a lot of only marginally
>related topics, perhaps a few misunderstandings and is at least somewhat
>subjective / ranty) isn't going to get very far to actually resolving the
>problem.

I understand your point. The problem with bugzilla, I find is that barely no
ones
see it or review it from my own experience.
The fact is, if the app developper doesn't care, nobody care
and the bugs are still there years after years after years...

Also, having to fill 20 bugs one after the other is not very 'efficient'.

Analogy: It's like going to the grocery store back and forth
             for every single article you have to buy...

Now that was 20, what if I find 1000+ usability bugs?

>Also, we take patches.

Yeah, I can provide you patches.... IF I CAN GET THE THING RUNNING!!!
Don't you think? ;-)

Now, if you have another distro apart kubuntu that comes with KDE 3.4
out-of-the-box
with KDE developper tools, let me know. That would be way more useful.

The only reasons, I installed kubuntu is because it was announced on
http://dot.kde.org/ as
"the desktop distro" for KDE 3.4 !

>BTW: For what it is worth, I didn't see any of those issues when I
>installed
>kubuntu on a ia32 test box.

Well, I installed kubuntu on a P4 (ia32), did you use kynaptics?

The problem was that dpkg 'screw up' and that the information could get
upward
to the calling process 'kynaptics', so kynaptics got frozen, [x] didn't
work.

Also, where is the kynaptics bugzilla or maintainer ?!!!!

Sincerely yours,
Fred.