List:       kde-usability
Subject:    HIG (old): "Fit to Page", Fit to Page Width", & "Fit to Page Height"
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2005-04-11 6:46:18

These also appear to be KDE Standard Actions.

They are covered here:

http://developer.kde.org/documentation/standards/kde/style/menus/view.html

I have two questions:

1.	Exactly what are these supposed to do?  That is, KView and the KView
Part have the menu item: "Fit Image to Window".  Is that the same thing?
  I don't think that this (Fit to Page) is the best string but I notice
that this is being addressed in the new HIG, that is, if it is the same
as: "Zoom Whole Page".  Still sounds a bit awkward when referring to an
image.  Perhaps even if using the Standard Action, the string should be
changed for image applications.  Or, would:

	Fit to Window
	Fit to Window Width
	Fit to Window Height

or:

	Zoom to Window
	Zoom Width to Window
	Zoom Height to Window

be better?  Just my $0.02 input as a native US English speaker. :-)

2.	Should the new icons that I am making be used for these three
Standard Actions.

	Fit to Page		view_fit_window.png
	Fit to Page Width	view_fit_width.png
	Fit to Page Height	w_fit_height.png