List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Show/Hide vs Checkbox
From:       Aaron Seigo <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-03-30 17:55:44

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On March 30, 2005 17:25, Thomas Zander wrote:
> I personally think the opposite; people read the menus anyway (how
> would you otherwise claim they hit the right entry?)

exactly. so with the toggle option the way to deduce the status of what would
happen is this:

	scan until you find the correct entry
	examine its toggled status
	reverse that in your mind to know what will happen

with the current way its:

	scan until you find the correct entry

far fewer mental gymnastics.

position isn't affected (the entry is always in the same place in the menu),
neither is the icon or keyboard shortcut. so all "instant recognition"
learnable features remain.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Society is Geometric