El Miércoles 30 Marzo 2005 02:18, Tim Hutt escribió: > Hi, > > Just a quick note to say that using menu items that change from (for > example) 'Show Offline Users' to 'Hide Offline Users' is a poor design. > > Changing the text requires that you actually *read* the menu each and > every time you use it. This is obviously bad. Most people navigate gui's > primarily by position. This is why they top left menu is always 'File' > (or similar) and contains 'New', 'Open', 'Save' in that order. And > 'Exit'/'Close' at the bottom. It helps to know where things are. > > Now obviously the menu items don't change place, but it is much much > easier to find a constant text and see if the checkbox next to it is > checked than it is to read the first word (and Show and Hide look quite > similar). I agree. The effect is worse with the italian localization, since "show" and "hide" expand to strings of different length. I think I have asked the rationale for the change while ranting about something else... I got bitten by the konqueror "View"->"Show Details" menu, btw; Someone care to explain it? Luciano -- Luciano Montanaro // \\ // \x/Un euro, un voto! _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability