On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 22:47:55 -0700, "Aaron J. Seigo" wrote: > On Monday 14 March 2005 11:01, Thomas Zander wrote: > > Hope that makes sense. > > it does. unfortunately there are very few things people can bookmark > (websites, file servers, local file paths ...) Don't forget design flaws like that konsole has bookmarks but they don't integrate with the 'global' bookmarks stuff. > and there are even fewer > things that people actually DO bookmark. > as our document counts and storage networks balloon, bookmarks become > decreasingly useful as quick repostiories. > > this is where i'd usually plug klink as a way forward for document, nay > information, centric desktops. but i'm too tired. need sleep. bbiaw =) Agreed (ehm, you should get sleep, but I agree on the other points :) . The technology is not available and/or reachable enough to be usable in the way intended and with the problem that most people already know how to (not) use the tech; I won't loose sleep over the removal of the bookmarks item in the K and or Desktop-context menus. I'm placing my bets on desktop search... -- Thomas Zander _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability