List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Fighting users
From:       John Tapsell <john () geola ! co ! uk>
Date:       2005-03-11 21:46:32

Hi,
  In kdevelop, when you right click inside a source file, you get a context
menu.
  The first entries for this are:

 Copy
 Cut
 Paste
 Undo
 Redo
 Select All
 Deselect
 Bookmarks

  As you can see, this is quite ridiculous for a context menu in kdevelop!
  When I propose removing this, i get a lot of support from a lot of people,
but others say they use the various options, and they don't want them
removed.

  I don't want to add yet another option for this, so how do I go about
resolving this?

  My current plan is to meet half way, and leave in copy,cut,paste.  but I'm a
bit unhappy with this.

  Eventually (long term), kdevelop will switch to xmlgui, and inheritence will
be fixed, and a gui for editing xmlgui files will be added, and everything
will be wonderful ;)

JohnFlux