List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Kig dialog needs your help!
From:       Thomas Zander <zander32 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-03-09 9:16:39

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 21:16:52 +0100 (CET), dirk.schoenberger@sz-online.de wrote:
> Ok, I understand about the "crowded" concern.
>
> What about one additional button, like "additional settings", in the file
> dialog, which let a new popup dialog appear (or perhaps a stateless
> dialog?).

That does not solve the problem that one screen is trying to do two things at
the same time,  IMO the user should first select the settings and then choose
the filename/directory as two distinct steps or he is going to miss
that he could
change the settings. Two (dialog) windows one after another is hard to use, so
the wizard idea seems like a good try.

--
Thomas Zander