List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Application specific shortcut keys ????
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2005-03-08 20:03:47

Matt Rogers wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 March 2005 01:57 am, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>
>>Do we have any preliminary guidelines that address this issue?
>>
>>I found the global shortcut list:
>>
>>http://developer.kde.org/documentation/standards/kde/style/keys/shortcuts.h
>>tml
>>
>>but couldn't find any suggestions about application specific shortcut keys.
>

> What issue are you referring to exactly? Your mail doesn't seem to indicate
> that there is an issue.

Specifically, I was experimenting with:

	Kuickshow
	Kview
	KGhostView

menus items such as:

	Kuickshow:
		Show Next Image
		Show Previous Image
		Fit to Screen
		Flip
			Vertical
			Horizontal

	KView:
		Edit
			Vertical
			Horizontal
		View
			Fit to Window
		Tools
			Show Next Image
			Show Previous Image

	KGhostView:
		View
			Fit to Width
			Fit to Window

I presume that such menu items should be the same in different
applications if applicable.

Then there are the questions of the choice of strings (some of which I
have changed already), the menu order and menubar categories.

--
JRT