List:       kde-usability
Subject:    The tooltips on kicker buttons in 3.4
From:       Uno Engborg <uno () webworks ! se>
Date:       2005-02-25 2:26:46

The new tooltips, on application buttons in the kicker (KDE 3.4beta,
klax liveCD)  looks great
the more rounded corners looks is nice, even thought it feels somewhat
Gnomish.
If we have round corners here we should probably have it  in other
tooltips as well, but I suppose
that will happen in the end.

The problem is the animations. You see a bigger version of the icon very
fast but it takes for ages
before you can see the text due to the animation. This sort of makes
them useless, users use the
tooltip to know what an unknown icon does, just seing it somewhat bigger
wont help so in reality
the cool animation makes them less usable. I haven't found out how turn
off the animation yet,
but really I shouldn't have to. This should be turned off by default.

Regards
Uno Engborg