List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: The new KFileDialog
From:       Alexander Neundorf <neundorf () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-02-23 19:50:49

On Wednesday 23 February 2005 20:07, kde-usability-request@kde.org wrote:
> > The problem I see is
> > a) the sidebar is not distinctive from the rest of the dialog anymore.
>
> it's set off by a subtle border; and it's got icons with text. i don't know
> why we need it more obvious than that. do people using it suddenly not

Maybe it's too subtle.
Maybe it would look better if the sidebar wouldn't extend to the bottom, but
only the same height as the file view, so that the two comboboxes can take
the complete horizontal space. Maybe this is the main problem, that the
layout now looks strange, since it is not so obvious why the comboboxes don't
start from the left edge of the dialog.

Alex
--
Work: alexander.neundorf@jenoptik.com - http://www.jenoptik-los.de