List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: The new KFileDialog (Mockup)
From:       Jason Keirstead <jason () keirstead ! org>
Date:       2005-02-22 23:16:14

On February 22, 2005 06:28 pm, Michael Thaler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I created a mockup for an alternative design of the new filerequester. You
> can find it at
> http://www1.physik.tu-muenchen.de/~mthaler/filerequester-mockup.png
> I think the blue and white stripes look even better then the plain grey
> background and I think the stripes make the meaning of the quickbar more
> apparent. What do you think about it?

While I think it would look better plain white than with the thick stripes, I
like it much more than the current dialog.

You should be able to pick out distinct widgets in a dialog quickly.. this is
why combo boces are usually different shades than the window background they
are up against, and not just a thin 1px border.. like the current file
dialog.

--
Jason Keirstead
http://www.keirstead.org