List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: "Hide Menubar" proposal
From:       Sébastien_Laoût <slaout () linux62 ! org>
Date:       2005-02-22 0:54:17

Le lun 21/02/2005 à 14:16, roko a écrit :
> Interesting;  my konqueror has no menubar in full screen mode, and JuK has no
> full screen mode.

What's good with KDE is that every application can be made fullscreen
(that's only one of the lot of advantages, of course).

Simply use the window title bar icon to popup the window menu (or
Alt+Space) and then go to "Advanced" and check "Full Screen".

That's done :)

> Also kaffeine, kpdf, kghostview, kplayer have no menubar in full screen mode.

Yes, and that's good.

> Apps which have the menubar in full screen mode are editors like Kate and
> Kdevelop. Here it seems useful.

Don't know if a menubar in Kate is really needed all the time (eg. if we
just want to edit text and not use advanced features, and we are using
keyboard shortcuts also).
But, hey, it's only a small fraction of the screen, so we can live with
the menubar shown!