Le ven 18/02/2005 à 18:15, Harijs Buss a écrit : > Lovely ;-) When I only started to use KDE, I somehow managed to loose menu > bar several times, probably because of touching key shortcuts unknowingly. It > was (then) for me quite a problem to get menu bar back ;-) This "ghost of > menu bar" you made would have been very helpful then. I like it. Yes, but what is the interest of hidding the menu bar if in fact it is replaced by another bar. Yes this ghost bar is smaller, but why a user would want to just gain a few pixels? There are two situations (IMHO) when the menubar hidding is a good thing: - When putting a window to take fullscreen (think F11 in Konqueror, or JuK when we are in a party and that the computer is ONLY used to play music then having the screen 100% reserved for JuK playlist, and menus aren't so useful: no need to edit id3 tags during parties...) - When the menubar is not so useful in an app (think again to JuK: with well organized toolbars, all needed features are in it, so menubar can be hidden for a « more beautiful screen ») In those two cases, have a small empty frame on top would not be so beautiful. And they are the only both use cases I see to hidding the bar. Perhapse another option to disable the ghost menubar? _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability