List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [Fwd: [kde] quick question about desktop text]
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2005-02-15 3:02:55

Harijs Buss wrote:

> Yes. I think that KDE has reached the level when it "belongs" more to users
> (maybe millions of them already) than to developers. KDE has become an
> everydays working environment for so many people that every significant
> change influencing users IMHO should be considered very carefully, avoiding
> just "let's try it in another way" type of decisions.

Yes, you are correct.  It's the users, stupid!

Software that is used by users is always about the users.

We have an opportunity here to practice some of the principles of
Extreme Programing.  The only obstacles are developers like AJS who
states that he is "annoyed" by 'user' suggestions even when they come
from a retired software/electronic engineer.  ARGH!

What we need are efforts to 'polish' the product (fix a lot of very
minor issues) rather than trying to come up with new 'way cool' stuff.

--
JRT