List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: System Preferences
From:       Jason Keirstead <jason () keirstead ! org>
Date:       2005-02-04 4:33:36

On February 3, 2005 11:33 pm, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> Is that allowed by default?  Doesn't kmail block you?

No.. I would hope KMail would not block me from viewing data-only attachments!

> Anyway it is still a  konquror feature.

Why is it a Konqueror feature? Konqueror is not even involved in the whole
process. The flash plugin doesn't load in Konqueror, it loads in an
nspluginviewer.

> The place to configure flash is not where you configure the time, but in the
> main app that uses flash.

This is like saying "the place where you configure sounds is in the main app
that uses sounds", and therefore all the KDE system sounds should be set up
in noatun.

> > I don't know, if I wanted to change the format of displaying time, the
> > first place I would look is under personal. Why would I look under System
> > to change a personal preference? But maybe that's just me.
>
> How about because you see a big icon of a clock?

You don't see the clock icon at the root level. All you see are "Personal",
"System", etc. You would not see the clock icon until after you had clicked
on "System", which would mean you had already made up your mind for some
reason that changing the appearance of time is a System setting. I highly
doubt anyone would do that.

> Leaving aside whole "regular tooltip" thing.  Users would have to put the
> mouse over and hover for a few second.

You don't have to hover over these tooltips. They are instant.

> Mouse over & no delay?  hu?

Mouse over the "K" icon in the K-Menu with current HEAD.

PS: I have checked in my "Drill In" prototype in the branch "drill_in_branch".
It is totally beta (search is really buggy), but hopefullt you will get my
concept.

--
Jason Keirstead
http://www.keirstead.org