List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Application names
From:       Luke-Jr <luke-jr () utopios ! org>
Date:       2005-01-18 23:33:24

On Tuesday 18 January 2005 10:55 pm, Joerg Hoh wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 09:18:38PM +0000, John Tapsell wrote:
> > > Maybe "Mail Application", or something like "Mail Handler", although
> > > they both sound funny.
> >
> > Mail Reader ?
>
> You cannot write an email with that program?

Seriously, I don't see what's so hard to understand about E-Mail Client. There
are many program types (in addition to e-mail) that "client" properly fits.
It might be worth educating the users on this one, especially since it
wouldn't require any 'formal' education (docs, etc; seeing "E-Mail" should
make it obvious enough what the program is and they can extend it to other
descriptions)
--
Luke-Jr
Developer, Utopios