List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Little usability issues in 3.4
From:       ra1n <pk20it () yahoo ! it>
Date:       2005-01-15 11:39:59

Hi,
Still exploring latest kde beta, and I found little issues, into varius
apps:
kpdf: it's really improved, but there is a thing that I cannot
understand, why are needed two buttons for the open operation on the
toolbar? open and open recent, could those buttons be merged in a single
one that performs both operations? to access open recent you must keep
the button pressed, so why don't move this action to the open button?

kicker menu: now it's very clean, why not add an hide option that make
the panel disappear immediately (instead of using hide buttons, but
those actions can live together)

smb:/ kioslave: it doesn't make a good tree view, I'll try to explain,
smb machines doesn't appear under the network name, so it's impossible
to go up one level to access another machine in the network, so whe get
in a tree view:

  Home		this is the network name
  Salotto	this is the smb server
   |-share	this is the share

instead of:

   |-Salotto
      |-share

this issue affected other kios so it will probably gets resolved, but
I'll signal it anyway.

By now those are the little glitch that I've found to what I think will
be a very good release.

Cheers

Luca