List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [RFC] new kfind UI
From:       Datschge <datschge () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-01-12 18:18:42

On Wednesday 12 January 2005 15:44, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Otherwise, does everybody consider the kfind UI just a non-issue or
> was my suggestion simply plain perfect ? ;-)

The bits visible in the screenshots are very rough so it's hard to
tell but it has the potential of offering a much cleaner default view
and a more streamlined and consistent way of adding advanced options.

In the main window when no options are used yet (which I'd suppose to
be the case when first starting up kfind) the options listing should
be hidden. The 'add/remove/modify options' buttons should be above
the options listing, and an 'execute search' button above the result
listing seems to be missing. The result listing could also be hidden
as long as no results exist yet. The 'case sensitive' check box could
be moved to the add-options window as well. The window could be
concluded by some 'open/save/close' buttons.

The add-options window seems to be very ugly but seems to be very
practical and expandable as is (I was considering suggesting
combining the different option kinds in a drop-down list, but having
them visible all at once is definitely clearer).

Cheers, Datschge