List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [kopete-devel] Re: Proposal for contact dragging
From:       Jason Keirstead <jason () keirstead ! org>
Date:       2005-01-11 18:56:53

On Tuesday 11 January 2005 2:43 pm, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> > This is exactly what we are doing in Kopete. Currently, dragging an LVI
> > can have different outcomes depending on the location of the mouse press.
> > This is bad and confusing. Restricting it to only doing this alternate
> > behavior when using the MMB is good.
>
> but when there is several contact in the metacontact ?

That is irrelevant to this issue. Whether there is one contact or 10, the
issue is still that dragging an LVI from one point causes a different
behavior than at another point, and also, because of the small distance
required to initiate the drag it is easy to do by mistake even if you know
that to be the case.

--
If you wait by the river long enough, eventually
you will see the bodies of all your enemies float by.