List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KMail - my old pain
From:       John Tapsell <john () geola ! co ! uk>
Date:       2005-01-04 16:12:38

> 1) Pressing up/down arrow in the message list should display previous/next
> message in the list by default. This is what EVERYBODY would expect. I know
> this one can be configured - but it should be default.
I think the trouble is when you have the message preview pane, you expect up
and down to scroll the message preview.  When the preview is hidden, it makes
sense to make up/down change the message.

> 3) Pressing ENTER should open selected message. Hell! It does not and
> cannot even be configured to do so!
This works for me.  I select a message, press enter, and it opens it in a
reader window.  Don't know why this doesn't work you.

> 4) When viewing opened message, pressing ESCAPE should close it.
I have just coded this for you.  It's in cvs now.

> 5) Unread messages should be in BOLD font or at least configurable to be
> bold, italic or whatever.
Not sure this will be fixed.  Are you color blind?  Just curious if there is a
particular problem with using colors for unread and new messages?

JohnFlux