List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: usability
From:       Mikolaj Machowski <mikmach () wp ! pl>
Date:       2005-01-04 12:02:47

Dnia wtorek, 4 stycznia 2005 11:55, Erik Kj?r Pedersen napisaƂ:
> Since I have just taken over helping a lot of people who use kde, here
> are some of the problems I encounter.
>
> user A (age 72): The inbox in kmail is sometimes at the top sometimes at
> the bottom without me doing anything.
>
> I showed him what it was he had done.

Yes. For some users sorting of such things can be harmful. But for
others it can be useful. No real solution here. Thought about another
option is *arrrgh*.

> user B (age 65) rebooted his computer because kmail would not start
> because of the lock file. Suggestion "If you are sure no other kmail is
> running then click here" rather than "then remove ~/.kde/....). Those
> who can find out whether another kmail is running can rm the lock file,
> but lots of people can not remove the lock file and would not know how
> to figure out if another kmail is running.

Solved as you wrote for some time in CVS. Can be even in latest stable
version.

m.

Vim Universal Templates
CLEWN - http://clewn.sf.net