Maurizio Colucci wrote: > Aaron Seigo wrote: > >> On December 28, 2004 16:16, Maurizio Colucci wrote: >> >>> What about turning the taskbar into a tab-bar? >> >> >> >> mockups? prototypes? descriptions of what you mean, > > > Here's what I was thinking, but this is only one way to implement the idea: > > * before: http://onefinger.sf.net/before.png > > * after: http://onefinger.sf.net/after.png > > (In the screenshots, I didn't draw the kicker, which could be placed > anywhere. The kicker would not contain the taskbar and pager anymore.) Don't get stuck inside the box. I don't have a Kicker with "TaskBar" and "Pager". I tried the External Taskbar option and found that I like it better after someone suggested having it in a side bar. I have it as bottom left which makes it a vertical list. An option for a separate Pager is not necessary, I just made a child Panel with only Pager in it. Both of these auto hide. So, your idea could be an axillary Panel (like the External TaskBar) that users could use instead of using the TaskBar & Pager on a panel. Like all such ideas, it works best for the way that the author works. I use 8 desktops to avoid having more than a few apps on each one. Your idea wouldn't be any advantage for users that work that way, but that doesn't mean that there aren't a significant number that work the way you appear to with a lot of apps open on one desktop. Basically it looks good enough that you should work on it if you can do the coding yourself. You could probably workout a vertical version as well with the Pager as tabs like file folders. You would see all of the tabs and then when you clicked on one it would expand vertically to show the apps that were on that desktop. This would also be good for the way I have my desktops and apps arranged. OT: which Icon Theme is that? -- JRT _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability