List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Taskbar -> tabbar?
From:       Luke-Jr <luke-jr () utopios ! org>
Date:       2004-12-30 0:32:11

On Wednesday 29 December 2004 10:54 pm, Maurizio Colucci wrote:
> And some apps don't work well with a small window.

I would consider that a bug with the application. Many computers have a max
res of 640x480, and some (handhelds) even only have 320x240 (though I *don't*
suggest 320x240 be a required compatible size).

> Also, the resizing operation is not pleasant to do. I hate it. Ah, I
> really do. :-)

Not sure the simplest way to execute it, but there is a nice Cascade/Unclutter
Windows option that I believe may automatically do this.

> >>Why? Your conscious attention can only be focused on one thing at a
> >>time.
> >
> > I generally can do at least 3 or 4 things at any one time.
>
> Only one consciously. :-)
>
> (Unless you want to contradict the whole literature on the topic of the
> brain. ;-))

Not all brains work the same. For some people, their memory isn't very good,
causing them to develop the ability to use computer(s) as a replacement quite
efficiently. The medical community likes to call it a "disorder" (ADHD, IIRC;
I'd consider it a very nice feature), but many other brains can multiprocess
quite easily.
--
Luke-Jr
Developer, Utopios