List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [RFC] Kicker issues
From:       Aaron Seigo <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-12-28 23:08:15

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On December 28, 2004 15:43, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> Are these recent changes to HEAD?

no, i've been working on the tooltips and kiosk support over the last week or
so mainly.

> My HEAD build is at least a week old
> but I will be updating it today (it could take over a day to build) and
> I will try the setup on it.

ok.. the issues that should be resolved are:

	o "I would like to be able to set the type size to a larger value"

	  note that the min/max configurable size is now even configurable on a
per-extension basis (e.g. for panels, for kasbars, for external taskbars,
etc)

	o " I would like to be select a larger size than 32 pixels for this panel
without having the Pager go to two rows."

	you can configure this to show just *1* row regardless of size. it's in the
pager menu: Show -> 1 Row

	o "both visible that the one with the clock would always be on the bottom."

	panels now obey the order they were originally created in for stacking order.
in future this may even be easily configurable. for now you can reorder them
in the Extensions list in kickerrc by hand if desired.

the clicking to unhide and "sliding a panel to the side, rather than off the
screen" items aren't on the plate for implementation at all.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Society is Geometric