List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: It is illogical...
From:       "Daniel A. Molina" <dmolina () amnet ! co ! cr>
Date:       2004-12-10 0:14:36

Some time ago I suggested something like that "group copy" , but I was
not inspired by BeOS but by Firefox download dialog.

The main idea was a little more far fetched, by developing an small
actions framework that would allow to queue them.  So I expected that I
would start copying 70 files, and if at any point the application
requires input from the user it will just move the "offending" item to a
listbox or something in the same dialog with the available actions (Do
you want to overwrite File?  or Could not read from Device. Would you
like to retry? or Cancel) an keep copying (and queuing if necessary).
This came to me one night I start copying a large amount of files over
the net, and 2 hrs later I came back to find that the process was
waiting for me asking to overwrite file 20th of like 1000th!

I think it was Aaron who suggested me to try to hack into KIO to add
some kind of layer, but I still had not the chance to work on it.  At
least this show that it is a "natural" o evident idea and eventualy it
will be implemented :) or discarded :(

Regards,

Daniel