List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Design by Wondering Around. #1
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2004-12-04 23:41:03

I find that the KSVG plugin has a separate ToolBar while the KGhostView part and
the KViewViewer (Image Viewer Part) part (and probably others) merge to the Main
ToolBar.  This is an inconsistency.

I stumbled across this because I use a Small Main toolbar on the Left in
Konqueror and the Zoom widget doesn't fit with KViewViewer.  So, I wanted a
toolbar separate from the "Main" toolbar.

IMHO, the separate toolbar is a better choice.  This can be changed in the *.rc
file but does not appear to be configurable by GUI.

I find that I can not change the KSVG toolbar icons with: "Configure Toolbars".
  Does anybody know how to fix this?

The KSVG plugin has [MenuBar]: "Zoom In" & "Zoom Out" in: "Settings while other
plugin have them in: "View" where they belong.

We need to have all image viewing KParts have the menus and toolbars as similar
as possible.  This should be in the standards.  Same icons, same text, same
order & same separators.

I also found that with some of the image/graphics plugins that I wanted:

	Show/Hide Page List
	Fit to Screen
	Fit to Page Width

in the toolbar.  There were no icons for these, so I am working on this and hope
to have them (at least HiColor) committed in a week or so.

--
JRT