List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KWin decoration button position widget
From:       Aaron Seigo <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-12-02 18:16:28

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On December 2, 2004 3:58, Sandro Giessl wrote:
> Of course one doesn't change buttons/borders very often, so it might not
> bring so many benefits: I can move the preview back into the tabs if
> you prefer that, I could live with that.

at very least put the combobox back in the tabs, and perhaps move the tabs
above the preview?

> > - the Decoration drop down is in a very awkward place. this dialog is
> > beginning to remind me of the old background dialog. (that's not a
> > good thing =). i'd keep the decoration selection on the Window
> > Decoration tab, to be honest.
>
> Can't remember the old background dialog. You mean because it's on the
> top and could easily be overlooked?

no, a mess of tabs with a combobox at the top and a preview in between.

> > - while messing with this dialog, i'd endeavour to get rid of the
> > Border Size tab. it has one item on it! ug.
>
> But where to put the slider then? It doesn't have to do with buttons.
> Name the second tab something like "Buttons & More"?

why not move the slider to Window Decoration tab? it's just one widget and is
a "Decoration Option", right?

> > - it would be nice to get rid of the TItlebar Button Positions group
> > box. it really messes with the visual layout of that tab.
>
> Well, currently I think it's needed to make the description/drop
> bar/listbox visually grouped together.

nah. the text will naturally provide separation, and when they enable/disable
with the checkbox above it becomes pretty obvious what's going on. try it out
and see how it feels.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Society is Geometric