List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: [Fwd: [kde] Remove "open with" entry in Konqueror]
From:       Datschge <datschge () gmx ! de>
Date:       2004-11-27 1:27:35

On Thursday 25 November 2004 17:02, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> this is a basic education issue, really. filling up the properties
> dialog with tabs isn't a great idea, really. if any change were to
> be made, i'd suggest it would be to add a short, clear label to the
> "magic button"

I'd just extend the "magic button" to include the type name currently
in front of the "magic button". This would by behavior be comparable
to drop down lists, just that in this case it would be a button
opening the extensive Edit File Type dialog, I bet that will by much
people be considered more intuitive than the current approach, and
doesn't bloat anything in the Properties dialog.

Cheers, Datschge