List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Logout Dialog
From:       Alexander Neundorf <neundorf () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-11-15 22:07:16

Hi,

On Monday 15 November 2004 22:25, kde-usability-request@kde.org wrote:
> As many users requested i changed the code to use QToolButton insted of
> URLButton.
>
> don't worry about the text labels. it's just a test.
>
> see attached screenshot.
>
> Andrunko

To be honest, I don't understand why "Logout", "Shutdown" and "Restart" are
considered more usable than "end current session", "turn off computer" and
"restart computer". The second (long) version is IMHO less technical and even
describes better what will happen: when running kde without kdm/gdm, logging
out from kde will just "end the current session", it will not really
"logout". Also "turn off computer" is better to understand than "shutdown",
which is IMO quite technical. Also "Restart computer" is less ambigous than
"Restart" (the computer, KDE, X ?).

Additionally, your new version with buttons doesn't look cool anymore IMO, it
looks like thrown together.

So, my advice would be either get the people here agree to your original
version or just leave the logout dialog as it is now.

Bye
Alex
--
Work: alexander.neundorf@jenoptik.com - http://www.jenoptik-los.de