List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Logout Dialog
From:       Alexander Neundorf <neundorf () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-11-15 20:46:17

On Monday 15 November 2004 21:28, kde-usability-request@kde.org wrote:
> Camon, I hate windows, but i don't hate it because it's interface. As all
> software in the world its interface is not the best and not even close, but
> of sure that it has elements that are good and can be used. Don't say
> windows interface is ugly just because it's a Microsoft product. Like it or
> no the majority of desktop around the world use it, and must be a reason
> for so.
>
> I believe that your problem is with Windows/Microsoft and not with my
> proposal. If i had ripped off some MacOSX interface everything should be
> fine. What is the point with you man?? Do you hate me that much? ;)
>
> Andrunko

Ok, here come my two cents:

pros:
-your screenshots look really nice

cons:
-it looks different than everything else in KDE
-the cancel button and the hyperlink-style buttons are different than any
other dialogs in KDE
-it might behave different

I don't know how the XP logout dialog looks like, I never used XP (at work we
have Windows 2000). The 2000 logout dialog doesn't look especially (actually
I can't remember right now how it looks). The Mac OS X dialogs usually look
quite cool. I can't judge about XP usability in general, only two things: the
find tool in XP really sucks (the old one was it least understandable,
although not really nice to use), and the "device manager" must be one of the
most hidden dialogs in an UI.

Since the logout dialog ain't so much in need of a rework, how about
concentrating more on konqy ? Or kfind ?

Bye
Alex
--
Work: alexander.neundorf@jenoptik.com - http://www.jenoptik-los.de