List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Change Konqueror View Idea
From:       Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri <gustavo () gsbarbieri ! sytes ! net>
Date:       2004-11-11 18:49:43

On Wednesday 10 November 2004 14:36, Laur Ivan wrote:
> On Friday 14 May 2004 09:01, Sean Lynch wrote:
> > You'll notice that currently I only put the image browser (gwenview) and
> > kfilereplace as the "extra" views, but this layout would work fine with
> > really a infinite amount of extra views, including say kaffeine and
> > cervisia, to name a view.  The dropdown also keeps picking out those
> > extra views easier.  With the current icons, the only way to know one of
> > the icons is a view is to mouse over it (there is no drop down like their
> > is with other views).
>
> Interesting (in the sense I think a drop-down thing will be better than a
> bunch of buttons), but such a combo can also sit in the toolbar imo :); the
> widget will be resized to the toolbar's height (check out the combo in
> kmail's composer..) and the pixmap will fit too @ the right size.

If you mean the widget could be verbose "View as: [combo |v]" if in the
location bar or just a combo icon in the other toolbars, I agree.
Otherwise I'm for the "View as: [combo |v]" solution.

AFAIR this was already mentioned in this list and people asked for separation
of "View as:" and the combo itself, so some people can remove the "view as"
label.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri