List:       kde-usability
Subject:    RE: Improving amaroK's usability
From:       roko <ro.ko () mcnon ! com>
Date:       2004-10-31 17:11:49

1)
Use standard kde-toolbars for the toolbar at the bottom and the "sidebar",
where I can change the icon size and text position (and orientation).

2)
Use labels for the input fields

3)
Use checkboxes instead of the context menu for "Artist" ,"Titel"... Search.
There is no reason to hide this  selection in a context menu.

4)
Most users don't know the differences between the engines.
Show some information why an engine should be used or not.

5)
If you really want that blinking, than include a question in your first-run
wizard:
( ) Should amarok look like a kde app?
Preview!
( ) Should amarok look like a "Christmas tree"?
Preview!

6)
"Currently Playing" when "Context" is selected is redundant.
You can see this already in the right window.

7)
It seems playlists are created without my knowledge.
I have 20 playlists, but I have created none of them. (I don't mean the smart
playlists)
Confusing!

8)
I have no "Favorite Tracks By This Artist".
Make this removeable.

9)
"Search in" should have a standard fileselector.

Sorry if some of my complaints are not valid for the latest version.