List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: RFC: Message Box issues
From:       zander () kde ! org
Date:       2004-10-04 17:07:13

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 05:22:06PM +0200, Jaros?aw Staniek wrote:
> Lubos Lunak wrote:
>

> >  Actually one of the KMessageBox functions does this, warningYesNo().
>
> At least in kde3.3 this is commented out, again.
> >  I don't know how about others, but I've learnt Esc in dialogs means "no,
> > cancel, bail out", and Enter means "yes, done, continue, finish". Why
> > should Enter bail out?

> That was just a proposal, so I wont be shocked if it will be refused. However,
> wouldn't it be interesting, to ask newbies and/or allow to vote? Is there a
> place for this? Only Bugzilla? I am not sure how to make it available.

First; in KDE we don't vote.  Unmanagable.
Second; since a long time ago we did actual research into this topic; and had
a lot of core developers agree upon the fact that 1 annoyence (the dialog) is
enough.  I would like to see new evidence (usertest i.e.) that this is
usefull.  All my data tells me otherwise.

And in contrast to popular believe we don't re-decide each issue everytime a
new person has an opinion  (please dont take that personally :)

--
Thomas Zander