List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: RFC: Message Box issues
From:       zander () kde ! org
Date:       2004-10-04 15:10:10

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 04:54:31PM +0200, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On Monday 04 of October 2004 16:09, Jaros?aw Staniek wrote:
> > zander@kde.org wrote:
> > > In short;  having the 'save button' as default is not good usability.
> > > We decided on that fact in the KDE3 meeting (2 years ago).
>
>  Cool. Can we fix warningYesNo right now then? I have only managed to talk
> Waldo into reconsidering this one for KDE4 - he doesn't want to change it in
> KDE3.x because it's actually documented behaviour (and I'm afraid he perhaps
> has a point here :(  ).

Indeed.. ;(
isn't completely deprecating the method a good idea?  Since the name seems
to imply this behavior (as the normal method shows the 'yes' as default).

I'm afraid that the concensus at the KDE3 meeting as well as the decision
there are not written down (as most things from these meetings are not).
 Hence I'm not really surprised that someone again though it was
particularly clever to add this.  (ok, ok I made the same mistake the first
time as well :)

So, I think we should not change this in code before 4.0.  Imidiately
updating the documentation and pointing out that this is against KDE
policy _is_ a good idea IMO.

--
Thomas Zander