List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Proposal for re-organizing konqueror's config dialogs
From:       illogic-al <obennett () hartford ! edu>
Date:       2004-09-24 1:13:21

On Thursday 23 Sep 2004 12:59 pm, Aaron Seigo wrote:
> On September 23, 2004 10:10, illogic-al wrote:
> > It follows below. Please, feel free to discuss amongst yourselves.
>
> first, these two should be split out completely. there is discussion of
> file management and web browsing modes being more clearly separated, with
> even a small "wrapper" binary for file management vs web browsing. this
> eliminates one level of hierarchy..
>
> > + File Management
> > ------- Behaviour
> > ------- Appearance
> > ------- Previews and Meta Data
> > ------- Advanced Configuration
> > 	------- File Associations
>
> this is actually one of the most commonly used panels =)
I guess. I never go there much anymore I use the link in the Properties tab.

> > 	------- Performance
> >
> > + Web Browsing
>
> i bet if one reorganized th panels themselves (and moved them to KConfigXT
> and UI files (which you can do automatically now!)) we'd be able to have
> nicer panels all around. reorg or not =)
>
> > ------- Privacy
> > 	------- History
>
> privacy?
>
> > 	------- Cookies
>
> ok, now this one i'd agree is privacy related.
>
> > 	------- Cache
>
> how is this to do with privacy, as apposed to, say, performance? ah yes,
> the problem with hierarchies ;-)
>
> > 	------- Proxy?
>
> this isn't so much about privacy =)
>
> in any case, are you willing to do (at least some of) the gruntwork on
> this? if not, who?
That depends. What exactly does 'gruntwork' entail.
If it entails making up surveys and administering them in online forums, sure.
If you mean coding I think that be better left to professionals, are at least
not complete n00bs :-)
btw, what is this KConfigXT you speak of? Sounds nifty (I like UI files :-).