List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Windows-key: Please don't blindly copy Windows
From:       Aaron Seigo <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-09-23 17:02:38

On September 23, 2004 10:43, Lubos Lunak wrote:
>  Hmm ... let me ask the other way around: Does somebody object to me
> removing the feature?

if it were possible to bind the windows key individually in the keybinding
dialog, i doubt anyone would. if you can't, we'll once again hear all the
people who requested it (who were a non-insignificant group of people)
moaning again.

from a usability standpoint, having single-key shortcuts for often used
elements is a great thing. personally, i have the "context menu" key bound
"Run Command..." ... it saves me an amazing amount of finger-stretching
throughout the day. so there is good ergonomic reasoning behind such things.

--
Aaron J. Seigo