List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Position of 'Close' on Konqueror Tabs
From:       Aaron Seigo <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-09-20 16:54:58

On September 20, 2004 8:31, Christoph Niemann wrote:
> Thomas Zander wrote:
> > On Sat, Sep 18, 2004 at 11:46:14PM +0200, Leo Savernik wrote:
> > Aaron; perhaps a comparative test is in order?

yes, i think so.. i'll do up a couple versions as patches based on comments
here and let's see if we can coordinate some distributed testing. e.g. as
many people test with 1 or 2 people and report back. i'll try and define the
test (what to do, profile of person (this is a context menu, so it isn't a
newb thing), etc...)

> I have another issue with this context menu: Is the entry "switch to tab
>
>  >" and its submenu needed. If you ever want to switch to another tab,
>
> just click on it. That seems to be much quicker than going through two
> levels of context menus. What do you think?

i'm going to guess that this is here because once you get "too many" tabs you
loose meaning labels on them and this gives you a way to select between them
using their full labels.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Society is Geometric