List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: HIG: Systray apps: systray screenshot
From:       Thomas Zander <TZander () factotummedia ! nl>
Date:       2004-09-16 7:22:27

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 08:50:16AM +0200, S?bastien Lao?t [temporar] wrote:
> Le jeu 16/09/2004 ? 08:26, Thomas Zander a ?crit :
> > Yes; red is one of the colors that (some) color blind people may not see.
> > I don't think de-saturation is a good replacement for the circle; as an
> > addition it would be a good idea.
> > Easier to do is to make the area outside the circle have a black pixel
> > ever other pixel (semi-transparant is what the icon-kcm calls it).
> > I agree with another poster that the red could be replaced with the users
> > highlighting color.
>
> I'm not sure coloring 1 pixel by 2 in black would be beatiful (if I
> understand it, it's the same as Konqueror painting selected images).

Thats with the 'selection' color; indeed not the effect I was after.
Please start
    kcmshell icons
go to the advanced tab; and click on one of the 'Set Effect...' buttons.
Toggle the 'Semi-transparent' button at the bottom to see the effect I mean.
Indeed it does not go to black; but uses the color of the background of the
window.

> What do you think about the double circle?
> I will make a mockup soon...

It probably 'screams' too much..

--
Thomas Zander