List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: HIG: Systray apps: systray screenshot
From:       Sébastien_Laoût "\[temporar\]" <les83plus () free ! fr>
Date:       2004-09-15 20:45:30

Great.
Better than I've expected.

Le mer 15/09/2004 à 19:29, Aaron Seigo a écrit :
> i think it's an excellent idea. it could (should?) be added to system tray
> client class as a convenience dialog so that using it is a single call in an
> application.

Yes, I will mail kde-core-devel for that just after sending this mail
(I've waited reactions from usability part before).

Le mer 15/09/2004 à 19:33, Christopher Young a écrit :
> Of course, it only matters if we get ALL of the apps that use the
> systray like that to USE it.

Of course. It's why I would want to put it in the libs.
And if every app have it, user can recognize the dialog instantly when
seeing it in other apps.

Le mer 15/09/2004 à 21:09, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri a écrit :
> But I would like to see a shadow or border around the screen shot, just to
> make clear it's a picture not a redraw problem.

Great idea.
New screenshots (and code) are available at end of this page:

http://les83plus.free.fr/sebastien.laout/basket/usability-on-close-info.html

Is it OK ?
2 pixels borders are quite big and not well beautiful.

> With this also comes an idea to make something similar to kwallet and kdesu...
> something graphical could help identify which app is requiring the password.

Yes, it's a great usability tool.
Good idea.

Le mer 15/09/2004 à 21:32, Teemu Rytilahti a écrit :
> Very nice idea as everyone else has said before me. I added it to the
> aKregator but including the libs would be even better thing, thank you a lot.

Cool.
If it's OK here, you can add the new lines to add border.

@+