List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Windows-key: Please don't blindly copy Windows
From:       Ellis Whitehead <ellis () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-09-15 17:57:42

Hi Lubos,

long time, no see. ;)  My last cvs checkout is from December 2003, and
unfortunately I don't foresee being able to get into KDE development again
soon, if ever.  I think about it just about every weekend, but family and
work...

The Win-key shortcut to the K-Menu isn't very practical, since the K-Menu has
so horribly many entries that keyboard navigation isn't practical.  For this
reason, I wouldn't mind the functionality being removed.  Currently, it
parallels the single Alt-key press activating the menu bar in an application.
But actually, I think that's a bad misfeature, so maybe you could remove that
too while you're at it! *grin*

Regards,
Ellis