List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Fisrt KHangMan improvements
From:       Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annemarie.mahfouf () free ! fr>
Date:       2004-09-01 16:47:28

Hi all,

I started implementing some suggestions from the usability report and you can
see them here:
http://edu.kde.org/khangman/usability.php
This concerns specific bad design problems for KHangMan and has no major
impact on other programs.

I did not commit anything yet. Changes involve the input letter field reduced,
the labels fonts size increased, the addition of a Guess button (I have still
to blend it in the background), change of color fonts for the Blue Theme.
Should this (the font color)  be configurable with a color chooser?

If I get enough positive feedback I could commit these mentioned improvements
after I sort out the button background. That'll allow me not to mix code too
much.

About previous discussion on intrusive popups:
On screenshot 4
http://edu.kde.org/khangman/pics/khangman_new4.png
you can see how the hint is currently displayed. This is a KPassivePopup that
is displayed for 4 seconds, always at the same place.
On our previous talk about intrusive KMessageBox it was suggested to use that
sort of passive display to warn the user that the letter has been guessed for
exemple.

Anne-Marie