Frans Englich wrote: > Aaron, you opposes a MW approach, says a SW navigation solution doesn't have > to be "black & white", but we don't know what solution you have in mind, and > what it practically means. What we know is our proposals are wrong, but you > haven't shown what is better. Could you do an exact description of the > solution you prefer(emphasizing the SW part) or a prototype, like others have > done? That would bring new ideas, something to actually shoot down and show > what you actually are talking about. > I found this screenshot of Mac OSX: > http://www.maccrazy.net/images/features/insidepanther/systempreferences.jpg This is what happens when you click one of the icons: http://www.leese.nl/snapshot1.png As you can see the 'toolbar' with the 'Show All' icon remains visible, and the categories and their icons have been replaced with the configuration dialog. This is a puur single window approach. Note that icons can be dragged to the toolbar, so that frequenty used config dialogs can be accessed with a single click. If you want to switch to a config dialog that is not present on the toolbar, pressing 'Show All' will bring you back to the categories. -- William _______________________________________________ kde-usability mailing list kde-usability@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-usability