List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Updated File Selection Dialog Designs
From:       William Leese <william () leese ! nl>
Date:       2004-08-09 14:44:31

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> again, i question splitting out the filename from the rest of the URL. they
> should be separately edittable, but seperated across the dialog? i dunno...

I've been bothered by this aswell. Here's a GIMP mockup that brings it
all together. Obviously the protocol dropdown should provide a
descriptive name once pressed. While this introduces a little more
clutter, it doesn't require you to shift your eyes when you know fillin
a path and filename manually.

..and a few other small changes to my own fancy.

http://www.leese.nl/mockup.jpg

   -- William