List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: menu on smaller kicker
From:       Ra1n <pk20it () yahoo ! it>
Date:       2004-08-08 23:12:02

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Sunday 08 August 2004 06:13, Ra1n wrote:
>
>>Eh eh you're right, btw speaking of themes, has anyone tought of using
>>the EFL libraries?(www.enlightenment.org) they seem good, by now I'm
>>using entrance as display manager and is really amazing
>

> personally, i don't trust their development and release cycles (or lack
> thereof), nor their "let's build everything from scratch ignoring existing
> efforts" which may be more applicable for embedded development but probably
> not for the general desktop.
Well it's true, but you have to admit that they wrote great pieces of
code, and I think that those libraries definitely are worth a try

>>>this could, at least conceptually, replace the current kicker
>>>configuration dialog as the default interface with the current config
>>>dialog being the "advanced" config. something like the new theme manager.
>>
>>I don't know if it's right, the two things should stay together, maybe a
>>tab with predefined layouts, and in the other tabs options for adjusting
>>things like dimensions of the panel(s) hiding, skins, etc etc. without
>>the need of advanced dialogs
>

> or an easy way to switch between the two modes? i'm really not open to making
> the current dialog any more complex than it already is. it pushes the limits
> of sanity already.

Yes, I know, what I've tried to say is that the actual layout is
correct, and we don't need an advanced button, it simply needs (really
:-D ) to be reorganized, and maybe add support for predefined (and user
defined) bars layout

Cheers

Luca