List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: User Interface Guidelines
From:       Datschge <datschge () gmx ! de>
Date:       2004-08-06 0:35:22

On Thursday 05 August 2004 17:49, Aaron Seigo wrote:
> as you probably know, at the last KDE World Conference there were
> people interested in rewriting them with us.

Someone anonymously started a wiki page around that time at
http://wiki.kdenews.org/tiki-index.php?page=KDE+Pseudo-HIG
It's now the second search result for 'kde hig' on google, as far as I
can see it took over plenty of the current KDE user interface
guideline, but some stuff is new there. Possibly we can reuse that
for our "unified effort"?

Cheers, Datschge

PS: For the new guideline I'd like to have a twofold approach, first
describing rules in a general way applyable also to non-KDE apps, and
then describing which tools/libs developers can (re)use within KDE to
comply with said rules. This could later be extended with code
examples also for KDE bindings and may as a result well help for
those just starting programming within KDE. *stops rambling now*